Colorfix gently removes unwanted permanent hair color. We suggest using Colorfix in the 'slight correction method' for minor color corrections. Full color corrections are best done by a professional. Colorfix is not bleach as most color removers are. It only effects the artificial dyes in the hair, does not do any damage to the hair, and does not effect the natural color. Do not use Colorfix over henna or gradual color restorers containing metallic salts. To do so may cause discoloration or breakage. Colorfix cannot remove semi-permanent and some demi-permanent dyes. It is designed to remove permanent dyes.
* Gently removes permanent hair color no matter how long it has been in hair.
* Easily removes any level of hair color. Black hair dyes may not be able to be removed.
* Effective on all hair types - leaves hair in optimum condition.
* Precise control formula is easy to mix and apply.
* Does not contain ammonia, or formaldehyde.
* Gently reduces the size of color molecules, allows for easy color removal.
* From 6 to 16 applications depending on whether use is for partial or full color correction.
Note: Due to the chemical process of permanent hair dyes, Colorfix cannot return hair to its natural color.
For full color correction:
1. Apply to dry hair.
2. Mix equal parts of Colorfix Part 1 Color Reducer and Part 2 Conditioning Catalyst in tint bowl or an applicator bottle. (Mix as much as will be needed for the density and length of hair that requires correction.) Wearing gloves and using a tint brush, apply quickly and evenly to the hair. If mixed in an applicator bottle, shake vigorously until thoroughly mixed (45 seconds to 1 minute). Gently work through the hair to ensure even penetration. After mixing Part 1 Color Reducer and Part 2 Conditioning Catalyst, use as quickly as possible, since the activity of the mixture decrease with time.
3. Cover loosely with a plastic cap, and process up to 20 minutes. Strand test frequently. Low, warm dryer heat may be used to speed processing time.
4. Rinse hair for 3-5 minutes and shampoo. If sufficient color is not removed, repeat Step 2 and 3 (this may be done on damp, towel-dried hair). Depending on condition of scalp and hair, do not repeat process more than 2-3 times.
5. When desired level of color removal has been achieved, apply Processing Lotion for 5 minutes. (Due to the nature of dye molecules, it is possible that hair may redarken to an unacceptable level. If it does, repeat Steps 2-4 on damp hair, until sufficient color is removed.)
6. Rinse well. Dry hair with a warm heat setting. (A hot setting may cause scalp irritation.) You may now proceed with your color application, if performing a full color corrective service.
For slight color correction (lighten color that has gone too dark or ashen):
1. Mix 1/4 oz Part 1 Color Reducer + 1/4 oz Part 2 Conditioning Catalyst + 1 oz Shampoo.
2. Wearing gloves, apply to damp, towel-dried hair. Apply only to the areas of the hair that require lightening, and work into lather. To determine timing, take a strand test frequently.
3. When the desired shade has been reached, rinse thoroughly and shampoo.
Tips for successful color correction:
* Always strand test color formulas to be used prior to application. Remember, porous hair will absorb colors more quickly and the resulting hair color may be slightly darker. You may need to formulate 1-2 levels lighter than desired result.
* Always use a low pH conditioner after an application of Colorfix. This will help protect the hair, and return it to a more normal state.
* Colorfix is developed to remove oxidative dyes. Since most semipermanent colors are combination of direct dyes and oxidative dyes, Colorfix may only partially remove these.
Part 1 Color Reducer
Water (Aqua), Sodium Hydroxymethane, Sulfinic Acid, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothizolinone.
Part 2 Conditioning Catalyst
Water (Aqua), Citric Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol/Dicetyl Phosphate/Ceteth Phosphate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Fragrance, DMDM Hydantoin, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Pentasodium Pentetate.
Deionized Water (Aqua), Hydrogen Peroxide, Dimethicone Copolyol Medowfoamate, Simethicone, Phosphoric Acid.
Warnings & Precautions:
* Protect clothing! Colorfix can permanently stain clothing.
* Follow directions as written - never mix Colorfix with hydrogen peroxide.
* Do not apply if skin is broken, or otherwise abraded or irritated.
* Do not use over henna, or gradual color restorers containing metallic salts. To do so may cause discoloration or breakage.
* As with any chemical service, strand test frequently to ensure desired results.
* Never use on eyelashes or eyebrows - to do so may cause blindness. In the event of accidental contact, flush well with water and seek medical attention immediately.
* Keep out of reach of children.
* Never place Part 1 or Part 2 on hair without mixing equal parts.